Friday, September 5, 2008

In Madison

Well, I am finally here in Madison. And it is all the sudden - real.

It took a bit longer than expected for my dad and I go get here: pot holes and stupid people - never a good combination. But after talking to Roxanne, she said I should still be able to swim, even if the Gatorade sponsored stuff was over. So, after finding parking, we rushed to Lake Monona. I get on my wet suit and hop in the lake. Now, in all this rushing there was no time to stop at a bathroom. And I have never been able to "go" in a wet suit. Well, this weekend is a first time for many things. I will leave it at that.

My swim was okay. I am pulling to the right when I breath on my left side, but it did get better on the way back. When I finished up, Dad was waiting (holding my stuff) and we ran into Tony and Jeff. It was so good to see a familiar friendly face. We chatted for a bit and moved on to what we each had scheduled next. Mine was long registration lines. At the end I received my official bracelet and everything seemed more - well, real.

And the hotel - SOOO nice!!!

No comments: