Monday, September 1, 2008

Now This is a Taper!!

I got my last week of workouts from Coach. In addition to telling what workouts to get done, there was a lot of information on what to do race day, and the days leading up while I am in Madison. Tips to keep in mind, no tear jerkers this time - Okay, I did shed a tear but it was more because, this is actually happening. I am actually going to attempt this Ironman. Everyday it gets closer, something else makes it more real. I have all my clothes laid out. Clothing options based on weather. All my random stuff laid out. The piles and piles make things a bit more real.

Anyway, back to my taper. This morning was my ride. A nice easy 60 minutes at Beach drive. And, I pulled into the parking lot to see Diane just finishing up her ride. It is always inspiring to see others up on a day off, doing what you are doing - it makes me feel slightly less crazy for the goals we all set.

The rest of the week is a few runs, 30 minutes. A swim (or 2) in Lake Monona. 1-2 more rides, 60 minutes, one in Madison. And a lot of rest, saving energy for Sunday. So today, I took a 2 hour nap.

5 days. I can't help but laugh. There really isn't much else to do.

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!!

You'll do GREAT!!!

J said...

Good luck at IMOO! And safe travels up there! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Oh, and I love that GOALS poster. I have a small copy of it at my desk. Priceless