Saturday, September 6, 2008

One More Post

One of the great things about having this blog is how easy it is to see what you have been doing. I started this mainly for my self, to stay motivated, keep me honest, and to share funny stories - or at least stories I think are funny.

A lot has happened this year that had nothing to do with my training.
Some good - weddings; friends having babies

Some not so good - the passing of my grandmother; having my tonsils removed

Some that were even too personal for me to blog about at the time - the realization that it's over with a very personal relationship; masses growing on parts of my body where masses should not grow.

But through it all, I kept training. Kept swimming, biking and running. This allowed me to focus, distract from whatever else was going on around me. And everyone has stood by me during it all.

Training for this Ironman has done so much more for me than my physical fitness. More than I can put into words.

I have said it before, but I don't quit. There are 2 options tomorrow. I cross the finish line an Ironman or someone from NA Sports will have to chase me down and cut off my timing chip – but I will still probably continue.

Tomorrow - it's on.

Thank you all for being apart of this journey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow Amanda! No matter what, you are a winner and I can't wait to hear all about it. Diane

greendale said...

Amanda,
No matter how you finish in this race, I give you so much credit for doing this. You are an "Ironman" !!
Congratulations!