Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Still Summer

Even if it's after Labor Day, the end of summer, you aren't supposed to wear white shoes, it's still hot. Something I momentarily forgot, especially as I went out for my 'easy' 30 minute run. I started off feeling great; thinking how much I love a taper. Then I hit the Mall, in the sun, no breeze and start sweating like a... a.... well, a lot. After the turn around I check out my HRM, 180!!! Oops! Remember me just last week commenting on how nice it was to not have to worry about my HR any more... Oh well. Just a gentle reminder that weather plays a huge part on I am feeling during a workout. I was very spoiled by August and forgot what it feels like to run in 90 degree heat.

Tomorrow, the long drive home. Plenty of time to think.
Overall, I would say about 90% of the time, I am fine.
But 5% of the time I am scared $hitless, freaking out, wondering what in the world I signed up for and have been doing the past year.
The last 5% of the time, I am super excited and can't wait to for the cannon to go off.

That is my take on how I am - those around me might have a different breakdown

No comments: