Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back with Carlos

After spending the past 5 days with Marcus, I knew Carlos would be jealous. He showed it too as I tried to put him on the trainer! But, after some finagling, I hopped on for a good 45 minutes. I didn’t look at the HRM, wasn’t counting down the time, and just kept going. It felt good- really good. My knees hurt, but I think that might have more to do with driving close to 1700 miles the past 5 days.

While I was riding tonight, I was watching The Biggest Looser. Their challenge was a 24K triathlon: cycle 20K on a spin bike (the top 6 move on), run 3K on a treadmill (top 3 move on), and swim 1K (1 winner). I was watching and thought how great it was for those people. In 10 weeks they went from barely being able to walk a mile to doing that type of activity.

Sometimes I get upset because I don’t drink soda, eat fast food, doughnuts, and limit my sweets. Watching people cut those items out and loose weight can be frustrating to me. However, I have never had a problem swimming 1K or 1 mile. If I HAD I could go out and run/walk a marathon (not that it would be speedy) but I could do it. I have to continue to remember not compare my self to others – especially in the next. No one else has my parents (expect for my brother, obviously, my history, muscle memory, or drive. Watching those contestants have the drive to win the prize was inspiring. I really hope that is the type of inspiration I can take from watching others.

No comments: