Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Apartment is a Black Hole!!

This is getting annoying! I was supposed to time myself during a swim a few weeks back for some 400’s. I went looking for my Ironman Timex watch and it was no where to be found. I called home thinking my mom could help. I mean when I was little, she always found what I had lost. Unfortunately, being 800 miles away, there was little she could do. The last time I know I had it was in Chicago for the Big Shoulders Swim. I e-mailed Therese, where I stayed, and she didn’t see it either.

So yesterday, I TORE my apartment apart, looking for the remote. 2 hours later I found 1 sock and the remote. Not the other 6 socks, biking glove, or watch.

Where does this stuff go??? I am most upset about the watch. I ran Marine Corps Marathon with that watch in 2003, and every other race I have ever done: swims, runs and tri’s.

Why I am I talking about this now?? Well, I had to time my 500’s today. I know about where I should be and using the pace clock, I can figure it out. But I miss the ease of my watch. It was big, bulky, and men’s. And I miss all the good times (ha, get it, times, watch, time keeper… anyway…) with my watch. It was so reliable. I knew how all the buttons worked, it did what I wanted…. AHH!!!

And to my loving parents, who I think still read this blog; I have given yet another obvious hint about the holiday that is coming up!!

No comments: