Monday, November 5, 2007

NO GYM!!!

AHH!! I am in San Francisco. 2 hours to Chicago. An hour layover. 5 hours to San Francisco. My knees (especially the right one) really hurt because of the tiny amount of room you have in coach. 30 minute cab ride to the hotel - which leaves me a bit uneasy about the area. I check in, on my way up to the room and ask "Do you have a gym?"
Response - "No, but there is a gym we have a partnership with that is 4 blocks away for $15"
Me - "$15 a day?"
Them - "Yes"
Me - "Oh, okay." I would not feel comfortable walking around this area at night, not even 4 blocks. I am in the room at 8 am to answer questions. Teach from 9-5. Go to dinner with the class. It will then be dark. This is not a good situation.

What hotel doesn't have a gym!?!? Even the hotel in Springfield MO had a treadmill, stationary bike and stair master! NOTHING here, NOTHING!!

This isn't good for many reasons. I keep starting over. I had a good week last week and now this one will be limited. Also, Lauren and I decided to do a road trip to Memphis. We moved it from spring to now because come spring, I know I won't be able to travel. So, we are leaving Friday. I figured I would be okay because there would be a gym here.

I am also worried about Coach. I keep feeling like I am giving the impression that I am not dedicated or that this isn't important to me. It is, and I am. Things keep coming up and I am trying to adjust - but at times I really can't find an option.

All I can do is hope I am getting all this stuff out of the way now...

No comments: