Friday, November 30, 2007

One Item Came out of the Black Hole!!

I am packing for my next work trip. I fly to Baton Rouge tomorrow, rent a car and drive to New Orleans for the weekend. Some friends moved there in August and this is a convenient way to visit. I am spending the weekend with them and heading back to Baton Rouge Monday to teach a class the rest of the week. So, as normal, I put off packing til the last minute. I am laying out my work outfits, workout stuff, and weekend wear. Also presents for my friends 2 kids, computer cords and binders of stuff for the class. I realize I need a bigger carry on and find my trusty college backpack. Guess what was in side (actually in the mesh pocket on the outside of the bag) my watch!!! Woo-Hoo!! 1 thing has made it out of my black hole apartment. This is my attempt to show my watch coming out of the black hole.

Again, what does this have to do with my Ironman training? Well, this will help me with my timing during swimming as I hate using the pace clocks. Also, mentally, it's the watch I have used for every race, so it means the world to have it back. Silly yes, but what can I say. I did call my wonderful parents to tell them the great news, and asked if they read this blog. They do, and received a delivery from Timex yesterday. Oops... Sorry!! I hope they take returns...

I am feeling better and hope get a few good workouts in Baton Rouge. I am staying at a Hilton and made sure they have a gym. They do! YAY!

No comments: