Monday, December 3, 2007

In New Orleans

After I did the dance of joy for finding my watch, I finished my packing -but was not successful. Why, because it was 80+ degrees here!! I did not pack for this, it's December!! So my workouts this weekend have not been traditional. I came to visit some friends and their 2 kids. I did chase around a 2 year old, in 80 degree weather - so I think that totally counts as a workout.

It has been a great weekend here with them, and I am not just saying that because I gave Kristen this web address and she will hopefully become a regular reader. Overall it has been a relaxing weekend - which was much needed. They have always been very supportive of my race activites, never give me a hard time for not drinking or leaving the party early because of an upcoming race, listen to me talk for hours about an event without an eye roll, and have provided great care packages. To this day, my Champ Bear keychain hangs on my bag that goes with me to almost all my races. Now that I think about it, he wasn't there in Chicago - with the wetsuit incident... Interesting...

Anyway, this was my frist time to New Orleans. I remembered reading/seeing something about a new 70.3 race here. So, we looked it up and sure enough, April 5, 2009. That is about 7 months after Madison. Could I do that, so soon after Madison... It's something to think about.

One race at a time, one race at a time.

No comments: