Monday, October 29, 2007

Comfortably Hard

Today was a good workout day. Started by getting up at 5:30. As I stated before, getting up is NOT easy for me, but I did. Mainly because Roxanne was going to be at the pool. It always helps to have a partner. I had to wait 15 minutes for a train, so we didn't have much pool time together. But, I did what Coach wanted, a good 2400M. 400 warm up, 4x400 - comfortably hard, 400 stretch cool down. Now, seriously, comfortably hard... That means moving quickly for 16 lengths of the pool, but not too hard, keep it comfortable. It just made me laugh a bit while I was swimming. I celebrated with my favorite latte - a light white sugar free raspberry

After learning my largest project at work isn't going well, my 3o minute run on the schedule was looking pretty good. Out I went for a beautiful 55 degree jog. This is the weather that makes DC beautiful. Sunny, clean, and crisp air. Something that does not happen very often.

By 4, I was ready to hide under my desk and take a nap. No such luck, but I did make it to the end of the day, and feeling good about my schedule.

No comments: