Monday, October 15, 2007

Good Morning Sunshine!!

I think when I was little, my dad called me Sunshine. I vaguely remember being a happy child when I would wake up. If this is true, I really didn't last long.

Every once and awhile you have those busy weeks. You know what I mean, you have a few happy hours, friends you haven't seen in months call and make plans, dinners, no clean laundry, no cooked food, etc. Now this is all good stuff, but it limits the times you can get to your workouts. At lunch, I can only jog. That leaves biking and swimming in the morning and evenings after work. Now when you have plans that come out of no where and fill up your evenings for the next 2 weeks, that only leaves mornings.
This is basically me in the morning. I know, so beautiful! I don't like getting up and out of bed. Really, I don't.

But, this morning I made it to the pool. It was not easy, my bed was warm and it was cold out - but I went anyway. I am glad I went (because yesterday the couch and I had some quality time together) and hope I can make this a habit. They say if you work out in the morning, it should energize you through out the day... don't feel it yet, but maybe if I keep trying.

Tomorrow morning - Carlos and I on the trainer watching Matt Lauer.

1 comment:

Spandex King said...

I hate morning workouts. Ironman will be a real challenge.