Monday, February 18, 2008

All Weather Day

Today was an interesting day. It started off wet, windy sunny and HOT! I think the high was around 72-75 (Marcus said 75, but I don't think it was that hot) and I went out for my 30 minute 'easy' run.
- This week is a 'base week'. 3 runs, 3 bikes and 2 swims. My knees always appreciate these types of weeks.
Anyway, it was so nice to be outside and not bundled up. I jogged around my neighborhood, which has more hills than anywhere I ever run. So, between the 'heat' and hills, my HR wasn't staying too low. But, it was good to sweat and do something a bit different.

Less than 2 hours later, the dark clouds came in and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees.
An hour later, the rain came.

A few hours later, it the temperature dropped a bit more.

I am so glad I went out when I did. I do have a habit, especially lately, of putting off my workouts and really wishing I made different choices.
There is something to be said about procrastination, however sometimes I am glad when I don't.

No comments: