Sunday, February 3, 2008

Beautiful Day, Padded Shorts and an Amazing Friend Equals

A really good ride!!

There was a high of 55 today so I could not pass up the chance to get outside for a bike ride. First of all, the best thing, Marcus fits Carlos and Roxanne’s bike perfectly! It was really good to figure that out.

Kristin suggested we try Beach drive for the ride today. They close down the road over the weekend, so Rox and I thought we would give it a try. Wow, that was a good suggestion! The start was a bit rough. I am still afraid of Carlos, especially clipping in and out. Even since I had the fitting, the seat is higher and I am not quite used to it yet. Rox was more than patient with me and telling me to just get on and go. I was literally shaking. But, after we got going, it was great. She was a great person to follow and being an Ironman herself, very inspiring.

So it was a good first ride. I didn’t fall and this ride boosted my confidence. I know I will fall eventually, everyone does. But, this was a really good 85 minutes.

I am off to Atlanta for work starting tomorrow. I am not sure what my Internet connection will be and my work laptop blocks blogspot. Soooo… if I might not be able to post until Thursday/Friday.

Have a great week!

No comments: