Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blah Run

After I have such a great workout like I did yesterday, I almost expect them all to be so good. When they aren’t, I get a bit disappointed. That is what happened today. I started at Beach Drive with Rose and Jess was already out and about on the trail. I ran with Rose for a bit, where she pushed me for the first 10 minutes or so before I sent her on her speedy way. After that, my HR never really went down. It road starts up hill the first half, so that was my excuse. After I turned around, I kept trying to go faster, but couldn't keep my HR down. I also tried a 6:1, which might have been a bit ambitious for me to try.

I did see a rather strange thing... A girl was running, stopped to stretch, did a cartwheel, and continued to run. I just found someone doing a cartwheel in the middle of a run a bit on the strange side.

So this week has had it's ups and downs, knowing I will be able to do this race and convincing my self I shouldn't even try. My friends have been great, keeping me focused and positive.

This week should be a hard week so hopefully all will go well!

No comments: