Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another Good Run!!

Well, I have to hand it to Coach, I think he knows what he is talking about. Tonight I did a 70 minute run and I almost feel like I had a break through. I did my usual trot on Rock Creek this evening. It was a bit later than expected, but this morning I didn't want to get out of my comfy bed to go out in the rain, and I had to do some shopping this afternoon! Anyway, I started off on my 4:1, feeling pretty good. I am paying attention to my heart rate and controlling my pace pretty well. It was getting dark, so I take off my iPod. It probably wasn't the wisest decision to be running where I was with little light, but oh well - I am obviously fine. So, I am approaching a bridge, followed by the hill, and then a REALLY big hill. Well, this is the FIRST time I made it up the first hill! It wasn't easy, but I made it. I normally take a few steps and just walk the rest of the way. I really think it does have to do with concentrating on the HR, not going out too fast, and just keeping it consistent.

I am still a bit disappointed with my min/mile pace. But this week was better than last and hopefully that will continue. YAY!

No comments: