Sunday, December 23, 2007

Good Workout, Bad Game

I was expecting a terrible workout. I thought I would just be counting down the time of the 40 minutes on the stationary bike and 40 minutes on the treadmill. The stationary bike was okay. Not great, not bad. My legs were tired, again, and I was worried about the run because I had such a bad jog yesterday.

Well, to my pleasant surprise, my first 15 were great, straight jogging (slowly of course) but straight and felt good. I couldn't remember exactly what I was supposed to do: some sort of run x minutes with my HR up and walk a minute X number of times. So, I decided on a run (faster than I normally do) 4 min, walk 1 min, 5 times to take me to 40 minutes total. IT FELT GREAT!! I had my best minutes/mile (for me) in a very long time. And, I could have kept doing what I was doing. A feeling I have not had in a few weeks.

How did I celebrate?? Wings, beer, and the Packer game with my friend Suzie of course!!! It is a Sunday in Wisconsin - There really isn't any other choice. But, that is where the "Bad Game" part in the title comes into this post. We left shortly after the start of the second half.

Anyone but the Bears, really... anyone but the Bears...

Oh, and I am still cold. Really cold. Rick informed me that it was 65 in DC this morning. Not exactly sure why 1. looked it up and 2. told me. Mean, just mean!

No comments: