Wednesday, December 19, 2007

They HURT!!!

Ohhh... my LEGS!!

Today was workout number 6, in 5 days, and the 4th over 60 min - all were biking and running (the other two were, can you guess... swimming - SHOCKING!!). So, it's understandable why my legs are a bit on the wobbly side. It also explains why today's 70 minute run, 4:1, was not great. I knew within 10 minutes that it would not be a good run. I knew within 20 minutes that I had to go to the bathroom. After the turn around and a quick stop in the bathroom, I just could not get back into a decent rhythm. It was reminiscent of a few months back when I could not control my heart rate.
But, I kept going, and always finding a good stride when I went past a cute boy ;-)

I finish, look at my stats, breathing hard, had a runny nose, was cold and my legs hurt. Then it happened, that little smile started to sneak onto my face. Only once during the 70 minutes, for a split second, did I even think of cutting it short and turning around early. Usually, that is all I think about - stopping. This run wasn't about stopping, it was just about going. It was a different feeling, and I liked it.

But I am very excited to go to bed early and SLEEP!

No comments: