Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Just Can't Do It!!

So cozy, snug, and warm in my bed. I was in a nice dream land. Then it happens... the alarm goes of at 5:45! BOOO!!!! I think about how I really really should get out of bed and go swimming. But my throat hurts a bit. I am still really tired. My legs still ache. So I sleep another hour and 15 minutes. It was a great decision! A lot of times I wake up and think "I could have gone to the gym/pool", but not today. The sleep was WAY more important. With Christmas coming up and my trip home to G-dale, making sure I don't get sick is very important. Hopefully Roxanne will help kick my butt into swimming in the mornings again after the new year.

Did I work out at lunch, no. I got a hair cut which is also very important. Why, to look cute of course! HA! But, also because I HATE it when I am biking/running and I can feel the hair of my pony tail on the back of my neck. YUCK! My only demand for my hair cut was that it can all fit into a pony tail. I am very low maintenance and lazy. The cut is okay, a few too many layers, but not bad for the price I paid. The real test will be when I wash/style it my self.

So did I work out after work?? YES - I am not that big of a slacker, but it is thanks to Kristin and Merissa. I had a headache, my stomach hurt and I just felt off. I was going to go home and bike on Carlos; i.e. sit and look at Carlos; but when talking to K and M, I realized I would have to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday (2 swims, 3 bikes and 4 runs this week). So, I went to the gym and hopped on the T-mill. It actually wasn't too bad and I felt much better when I was done. And there was no falling off, always a plus! (NOTE - This is Jess's (a regular reader, random commenter, frequent running partner, and wonderful friend) favorite picture so I am going to use it whenever possible)

Will I swim tomorrow morning, no, I won't, even though I should. I am willing to skip a swim (it is my 'strongest') this week. I will set my alarm, and re-set it for an hour later and enjoy the sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe.!! 5:45 too early? I'm up at 5:45 three days a week doing my PT before work. You're not going to get a lot of sympathy here.

Unknown said...

Haha! Thanks for the pic! I haven't read your blog in a while, and these are the gems that I miss.

See you bright and early tomorrow for 75 minutes of running delight!