Sunday, December 16, 2007

Really Good Weekend

Where to start, where to start...

After Friday's great run, I left work early to set up for my annual party. A bunch of my girl friends come over, we chat, decorate cookies and drink wine. Our cookies didn't look like this, but close. It's a nice, relaxing holiday party. Well, I got a bit carried away with the wine and made for a late Saturday. But we had a good time!!


Saturday I met up with some friends for ice skating in the National Sculpture Garden. Last time I remember going skating, I fell on my knee, not good. So, I wanted to go and watch. This is Merissa and Kristin, I think they missed their calling in life. Anyway, before I let my self go watch, I made my self sit on Carlos - which made me late. But, I really need to make my workouts a priority again. Anyway, that ride was that hard! I now know how it feels trying to work out after a few too many beverages. Will do my best to not make that mistake again! But I had a good ride with a few 1 legged drills. Those really are hard!

At night I had a dinner party with my former running group. These people are great! I almost feel like I am on a commercial or TV show with them. We just have the best time. Laughing constantly, joking, teasing, but most importantly - They are the most supportive group of friends. Whether it's about our relationships (or lack there of), jobs, or crazy things like doing an Ironman, they are there. To listen, ask questions, or just be, it's really nice to have a group of people like this in my life.


Today was put on hold due to the "Wintery Mix". It just turned out to be rain. Anyway, I am a wimp and decided to just swim in the morning before my brunch plans at noon. Wow, it has been awhile since I swam!! My triceps were BURNING. But, in the good way. I celebrated my 2000M with stuffing my face with Dim Sum - which I was also late too, sorry!!!. Anyway, it was soooo good! This was followed up with some cardio with Kristin and Merissa. When I say cardio, I mean shoe shopping.


Good times, good times.

No comments: