Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Some people make me giggle

Tonight is my last night in Baton Rouge. After teaching class, I took a nice walk along the Mississippi. I had a light dinner, waited for the first commercial during Project Runway and headed to the gym for 35 minutes on the treadmill. Of course, this was the first time someone else was in the gym with me and the TV was on CNN. How do you ask to switch from CNN to Bravo?? You don't :-(

Anyway, the fact that she was watching CNN was not the part that made me giggle, but her presence in general. Now those who know me know I am not always about fashion. I do like to look okay when I go to the gym, but will never wear make up. I won't wear a navy blue shirt with black shorts. I won't wear a blue sports bra under a white shirt. One other thing I won't wear to the gym, a matching BLACK NYLON TRACK SUIT FROM 1984!! Okay, this picture isn't black, but you get the idea. The sound it was making coming from the treadmill just really made me giggle. And the hair. Again, mine is 9 times out of 10 in a pony tail. I don't really know how to describe the hair I saw. Brown roots, blond tips, spiral perm, shoulder length, down and not moving. The hair must have had a can of hair spray to keep it from moving.

Now I am not judging because she was very nice. AND, I am really the last person who should be commenting on appearance in clothes and hair. However, I do not know the last time I saw a tracksuit like this one. It just really did make me giggle.

And the jog went fine. Another attempt at the run/walk of 4:1 keeping the HR under 175 for those 4 minutes. I am really hoping that if I can stay on track for awhile, I will start to see some improvement...

No comments: