Sunday, December 23, 2007

I LOVE the Y

Posting from G-Dale!!

After an early flight yesterday and an impressing landing in fog; to the point where you could not see the runway until we were on it; I am home at my parents house. After some lunch and chatting, I start to get antsy to find a gym.
I vaguely remembered there being a decent Y with a pool. I figured I would go there first for a swim, then go to the gym close to the house that I belonged to in high school the rest of the week. When I got to the Y, it was a really good deal for a week membership. Before I paid, I asked if it mattered that I belonged to a Y in DC. Sure enough, it did and I don't have to pay!! Woo-Hoo!! Oh, how I love it when random things happen in my benefit.

So, I hopped into the pool and had a decent swim. Coach is really working with me to build arm strength - i.e. 50's and 100's fast. That is so not the way I swim, so it's good, but my triceps do feel it this morning. I followed this up with a trot on the Treadmill. That was HARD!! My legs are definitely tired and need a break soon.

But, I am now off to the gym for a bike and run. I should have doubled up earlier in the week instead of just getting in the long workouts out of the way. Live and learn, now I know for next time.

Oh, my other favorite thing about being home (and when I say favorite I say it sarcastically), last night it was 40 degrees. This morning it is 16 degrees and the wind chill is 4 below. So glad to be home.

No comments: