Monday, April 21, 2008

Back in DC and Carlos is Ready to Roll

It was a really good weekend at home. This morning I had another decent swim. Coach let me pick my own workout - that always makes me happy. But here is the thing about the Y that happened yesterday that I didn't get a chance to share (as driving the bike course was way more important).

I go to the check in desk and gave them my DC license and Y card. I noticed a sign that said they were only doing towel service for certain types of memberships starting April 15. Now the last few times I have been, I bring my own towel. This time I figured why make my mom wash another towel when I can just use the Y's. So I ask the guy if I can have a towel. He points to the sign and says I do not have the membership that includes towel service. I explain that my DC membership does include towel service. He just said, "sorry". Not even in a nice, sad, way like this cute kitten. Just point blank - "no, sorry". Boo!!

So after my swim I used a bunch of paper towels out of spite - which I was upset about doing because that whole saving the environment thing.
The point of all this was I remembered my towel today and had a good swim.

I left 70 degree weather in G-dale to 55 degree and rainy DC. But, I did make it back in time to head to the bike shop and grab Carlos. The bike shop guy said a lot of stuff that they fixed, and I said a lot of "okay"s and paid. He then gave me a quick overview on how to maintain my bike - so great!! Hopefully I can make it to a class soon.

I think the weather will clear up tomorrow so hopefully I can take Carlos out for a test ride. YAY!

No comments: