Saturday, April 12, 2008

This City Has Strange Weather

This morning I wanted to sleep in, however my stupid body clock and stupid getting older wouldn't allow me to sleep in past 8. Roxanne and I had plans to swim, but she was planning on sleep in too, so I decided to get up and run before the swim. She texted, having the same issue of not sleeping in. But, I still managed to get my run in first.

It was 71 degrees when I went out side at 8:45 am. 71!!!!
Amanda - welcome to the beginning of summer in DC...
About half way into my run, it started to sprinkle. While the sun was shinning. It was nice because it cooled me down. I finished as the sun was shinning bright. I hopped into Open City for an iced skim sugar free vanilla latte (Yum!) and ran into some friends finishing brunch. After a bit of chatting, I headed home just as a dark cloud opened up and it just came down!! AND, the sun was STILL shinning!! They were HUGE rain drops and I was squinting because it was so sunny. I found this picture that gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

I have never lived in a city where it is sunny and raining at the same time as often as it does here.

UPDATE
Roxanne and I did get our swims in after more lane hopping than I have ever had to do. The vibe was so different than a Tuesday night. Today was la-di-da and no respect to the speed of others in your lane. Very different than the get in, get your workout done, get out, attitude during the week.

No comments: