Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm in L-O-V-E

You know how they say it hits you when you least expect it... well, I think it's true. I was kind of looking, but didn't think I would find what I was looking for. I had bad experiences in the past and did not want to get my hopes up.

Then I saw him. They kept telling me he was the one to go for, but I resisted. Finally, I figured I would give it a chance and I am so glad I did. I never expected to be this comfortable and I am really happy I listened to others.

Meet my new love, best friend and pride and joy
Okay, it might not have been that romantic, however the gist is the same. Coach was pushing me towards a tri bike, Rox suggested I look into it, but I just wasn't feeling it. I went to a few bike shops to look around and wound up back at Conte's. They started showing me tri bikes and I poo-poo'ed it right away. After looking at some road bikes, the guy went back to the tri bikes and talked me into just riding one. And I did. And I loved it. Well - not loved it, but really liked and and thought it could work.

So, after some inner dialog that goes into any major purchase (and this is now the most expensive thing I will own after Marcus - my car) I decided to go for it. There were a thousand pros/cons going through my head but all the cons were things I can get over; for example
1. Shifting on the aero bars
2. Using the areo bars
3. Price (even though this is a really good deal)
or cons that were stupid; for example
1. This is way to much bike for me
2. People will wonder why I am so slow on such a great bike
The pros - and all that really matters
1. I WANT TO BE AN IRONMAN

I know what they say, it's the engine, not the vehicle that makes you go fast. I just hope this new vehicle helps the engine to be a bit faster.

Tomorrow I will get the pedals and bike computer switched over, test out some new saddles, and bring him home. Once we spend some time together, I am sure the name will come to me...

More pictures of my new love soon!!!

No comments: