Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stupid Stupid Stupid

I actually did get up at 5:30 to go biking. But it was really dark so I went back to sleep til 6 to go swimming. I got up at 6, put my suit on, changed my mind and changed to my biking outfit.

I had all my bike stuff packed and ready to go so I just grabbed my water and headed out the door. I threw Carlos into Marcus, adjusted the front wheel and handle bars as needed and drove down to Hains Point.

I started my first loop and just wanted to warm up before I concentrated on my cadence and aero position. At the start of the second loop, I went down into position and my left arm kept sliding off. I thought it was my fleece (I didn't dress properly for 50 degree biking and wore my emergency fleece from my rubbermaid container that stays in the Marcus) sliding off, but I wasn't having the same problem with the right side.

I then flashed back to when "I threw Carlos into Marcus, adjusted the front wheel and handle bars as needed" and remembered hearing a crack. I thought it was the top of the rubbermaid container. Nope, it was the left armrest of the aero bars.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

Had I just taken 5 extra seconds to put Carlos into the back of my car properly, this would not have happened. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

I still managed to finish my 75 minute ride and did have some good aero practice. It was a good morning with few people, hardly any cars, little to no wind and good snot rocket practice.

Now I need to find a replacement armrest of my aero bars. Or a lot of duck tape.

No comments: