Monday, April 14, 2008

Caffeine Does the Body Wonders

I have a routine in the morning and I am pretty good with sticking to it. So this morning I got up, made coffee, showered and got dressed. As I was doing my hair (this is not part of the normal schedule but it is Monday and I was the boss today. It will be in a ponytail the rest of the week) I had a cup of coffee. I finished getting ready, filled my-to-go-cup with the rest of the coffee and went out the door. Overall, pretty normal. Get to work, fill my water bottle, make my oatmeal and start reading e-mails. Then I got the shakes. I haven't gotten the shakes from caffeine in AGES!! I mean I have a caffeine addiction like most professionals in their late 20's, early 30's. I ate and drank water and could not shake the shakes.

Luckily, Coach gave me another "challenging" week. I wonder if he laughs an evil laugh when he is writing my workouts and calls them "challenging". Anyway, with heading back to the land of my birth this weekend, I am cramming as much as possible into the next 4 days. So, I got to release a lot of pent up energy outside. It was a beautiful 52 degree sunny day and had the fastest run I have had in awhile.

After fighting DC traffic, I made it down to Hains Point for a few laps. I really concentrated on my cadence and got some really good practice in the aero position. My times were faster so I think that caffeine really lasted all day.

Now lets just see if I get some sleep tonight...

No comments: