Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First ride in and...

I didn't even fall. YAY!!

It felt pretty good, expect for the wind! DANG! I am really surprised I didn't go backwards, or blown over. The shifting is going to take some time to get used to, especially going from the small ring to the big one. I really don't think my wrist is supposed to hurt.

But the best part, Big Yellow (temporary name) was making a noise. I used all my logic and reasoning to figure out what was going on. It was continuous, kept going even if I was not pedaling, and would speed up and slow down; so, it had to be the back tire. I knew I didn't have time to get back to Conte's, so I pulled over and started futzing with the wheel. I am so glad I didn't take Big Yellow back to Conte's because it was the bike computer. The reader was slightly in and every time the magnet went by, would clip the sensor. Woo-Hoo!! I figured it out and didn't embarrass myself.

On to the more important issue, naming Big Yellow. If you are a regular reader, you know I name stuff. Cars (Judy, Izzy, Audrey, now Marcus), Bikes (Carlos), and a few stuffed animals (I won't name those). So not having a name for Big Yellow is a bit hard for me. I thought something would come to me, but not yet. Everyone has been helpful and here are a few suggestions.

Either Italian or British or Spanish
Alejandro
Alfonzo
Dante
Vincent
Alistair
Giovanni
Giuseppe
Raphael
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo -- yes - those are the Ninja Turtles
Joshua
Dexter
Ferguson
Garrick
Konrad
Reginald
Paulo
Maurizio (pronounced Maruitizo)

My parents made a few suggestions as well and I have a few front runners.

Anyone out there have any ideas??? Decision to be decided. Next ride is Thursday morning...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! You posted my entire list of names!!! Good stuff! Now you must decide if he's a British Gentleman, or an Italian Playboy, or a Spanish Rogue. Or a WASPy frat boy with a popped collar. :P

Amanda said...

Merissa's suggestion is on there too.

I just couldn't resist posting all the hard work you put into naming Big Yellow. It is greatly appreciated!!