Friday, April 4, 2008

Good Swim

Finally. It's been awhile again since I had a decent swim. That might have to do with the fact I keep blowing off my swims. It's the one I feel most comfortable with so I can 'always make it up later'. Anyway, I got to the pool and it actually wasn't crowded, which was great. 5*500 with 45 seconds rest. I only had to circle the last 500, but it was a rough 500.

See, if you have ever swam or taking a swimming lesson, you know how important it is to blow the air out your nose. For some reason, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have and I got to the end of the lane sooner than expected. I took a half stroke to get a breath and did some sort of flip turn thing. I was a bit flustered and pushed off weird. Before I knew knew it, the water was up my nose. If this has ever happened to you, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. That stinging sensation and you get a few tears because it feels like the water went up your nose and is coming out your eyes. And it lasts at least a 50. But if that is the worst thing on a swim, I will take it.

Now it just needs to stop raining so I can get outside on Carlos. He doesn't like the tease of outside, than being on the trainer, trainer, trainer, outside, trainer, trainer, outside, trainer....

No comments: