Friday, April 25, 2008

I am so Sneaky!!

I have always wanted to be part of a surprise party, and tonight I was. My first roommate when I lived in DC is graduating business school, and it's her birthday Sunday. Her boyfriend, sister-in-law, and brother decided to throw a surprise party. I was in charge of keeping her from her brother's place, where the party was, after she arrived via train. Pretty easy in theory as I work across the street from the train station. However plans changed and things didn't go as we had hopped. I had to use my excellent acting skills and insist we stick to the original plan, embellish a few stories, all to make it seem normal.

And it worked, she was surprised, and all went well.

And true to form, I left early because I was tired and have to get up to bike in the morning. I am not complaining, just stating what things have become. I am still happy with my choice.

Today I ran at lunch in the 80 degree high humidity. YUCK!! I need to start adjusting my schedule so I can have a decent run again... it's been awhile.

2 comments:

SimplyStu said...

Warmth! I want warm runs again. It is windy, cold and about 43 outside. Please send some to us. I remember when I lived in DC (I still work in DC a lot), I would start at the Landsburg, run the mall, down to the Rock Creek trail and back. I LOVE DC. I will be out again next week and again in June, and plan to run a few days on my fav routes.

Amanda said...

I know I shouldn’t complain about the weather as it is only going to get worse… I heard it’s snowing in Minnesota with the chance of it hitting in parts of Wisconsin. A nice in between would be great!

Rock Creek is a favorite of mine to run. Enjoy it when you come, and if you bring some of the cooler weather, that would be fine by me ;-)