Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fatigue Setting In...

I am in a "challenging" week and definitely feeling it in my body. It's partly because I won't have time over the weekend to get some long stuff in, but also because last week, the week before, and this week have been hard weeks.

Today's run wasn't great. It was hot, I wasn't focusing on my stride, and my right back side was really sore from yesterdays fall - on that note, the bruise is starting to turn into pretty colors. I still made out, but felt totally spent when I was done.

Against my better judgement, I had another cup of coffee to get through the afternoon and make it to the pool. I had to do a warm up followed by a 1600 for time. To my surprise, my time wasn't too bad. My arms felt jelly after, but I was happy with it.

I had to cut out of happy hour early, again, to cook, get ready for tomorrow's bike, and get some sleep. I was going to do laundry, clean and start to pack for the weekend, but there aren't 30 hours in the day so something has to give.

One unexpected bonus from this experience, better time management!

No comments: