Monday, May 26, 2008

Couldn't Have Asked for Better

First of all, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! I hope everyone is having a safe and happy 3 day weekend.

The weather around here was perfect! 70's, sunny, blue sky, and very low humidity. As much as I would have liked to fully enjoy the BBQ's and baseball games and everything else that screams Memorial day weekends with drinks and food, I had great workouts. Don't get me wrong, I am learning how to hang out with friends and drink Propel and water, eat grilled chicken, while they have beer and cocktails and fried foods - and still have a great time.

For this year and training, this weekend I had my 2nd longest run on Saturday (8.7 miles), longest open water swim (2 miles) on Sunday and longest bike EVER on Monday (47.6 miles).

My knees hurt, my back hurts, my neck is sore, my butt hurt REALLY bad during the biking, I am tired - but overall, I feel great. To do those 3 activities in 3 days and feel great about it - big booster.

No comments: