Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Just Get so Dizzy

I just finished my swim clinic and 1 mile practice swim. I must say, I was pretty disappointed. The 'clinic' was okay. They just had a few people talk and give pointers along with a Q&A. I met a few DC Tri club people and we headed off in waves to do the 1 mile course.

My goal was to work on my sighting and not do as much breaststroke every time I check to see if I am on course. That part did seem to go much better and I every time I would start to feel dizzy, I would just relax, breath, and focus. It was pretty bad at Columbia and I thought I was doing better. Not so much. As soon as I rounded the last buoy, it really hit. I almost fell over when I was getting out of the water. Just not sure how to make that better.

Then I looked at my time. Boo!! Really REALLY slow!! I know I wasn't pushing, but still, just really off for me. Hopefully tomorrow will go better - both with the time and with being dizzy.

Okay, enough procrastinating and off to my 2 hour run.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't use them, but I've heard ear plugs really help to get rid of dizziness. Don't know if you've tried it or not, but it could be a $2 solution.

Team Brazo said...

I also get a bit dizzy after the swim, but you know what -- I had NO dizzyness after the IM swim. Other times I just know it will happen and I just adjust for it. Just did an Xterra race and I was a bit concerned leaving the water and jumping on a mountain bike -- dizzy and MTB's don't go together.

Have a nice weekend...

Amanda said...

Rebecca, great tip! The ear plugs were the best $3.50 piece of equipment I have ever purchased!!

Brazo - That is so good to hear that you get dizzy and it didn't happen after the IM Swim. I agree - dizzy and mountain biking - not a good combo. Hope it went well!!