Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wind or Hills???

What would you prefer? It really is a tough choice and I would pick neither.

Today I was back on Blain, after another morning of rain (and sleeping instead of swimming). I am still not 100% but can't stand not working out. I know it's a fine line between rest and pushing yourself, a line I have never been good with. But, it was a decent ride.

Right as I was about to clip in and start, a biker pulled up to his car (which was in front of Marcus) and warned me about the wind. Grrreeeaaatttt.... Sure enough, I look down and my computer and am going 19 mph... with the wind at my back. I hit the turn and BAM - dead stop. Not really, but huge slow down. I did get some practice in the aero position going into the wind, which was a first. AND, I shifted from the small ring to the big ring while in the aero position! This is really huge for me!! Two things I haven't been able to do before.

Soon I will look like this!!

Except I won't get that cone helmet...

No comments: