Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Would Like to Introduce...

I did not take this decision lightly. I consulted family and friends, searched the Internet far and wide, and made sure Big Yellow fit with the proper name.

There were a lot of contenders...
Lance - for obvious reasons
Fernando - because it sounds cool
Charlie - from an areal view of Big Yellow, the black stripe on the top looks like the Charlie Brown stripe on his shirt

But when it came down to it, I just like Blain. It can be spelled with an e at the end, but I like it without better.

The boy's name Blain \b-lain\ is pronounced blayn. It is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "yellow".Doesn't he look like a Blain!!

As soon as I found it, I knew it was right. Blain means yellow, and more importantly, it's GAELIC!! I am a tad bit Irish, from my Grandmother's side (I am 99% sure) and she is the reason I could make this lovely purchase. Thanks Grandma, I miss you a ton!!

We had another great ride today doing loops at Hains Point. I had to do a few 'tempo' type intervals, aka - hard spinning. I also managed to ride out of the saddle a few times out of turns and the one tiny bump - which is HUGE because I usually fall over every time I try to stand. I have been was testing out the name and Blain just worked as I was peddling really hard, so it was confirmed today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice name!!!