Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Can't Believe I Did What I Did...

Something I never thought I would do and I am pretty embarrassed.

Due to some scheduling difficulties, I had to adjust my workouts and do 3 bricks this week. I slept in a bit this morning and eventually started to pack my bag for a bike and run. Pick out my outfit, hop in the car and head out. As I am about to get on my bike, I realize that the socks I put on, they are black. Not a problem for the bike, but I DESPISE RUNNING IN BLACK SOCKS!!! I don't know why, I just can't stand it. The only reason I have dark socks is Amazon dot com had a sale on grab bag socks, 6 pairs for $25!! Some are cute, some are light, and 2 are black. I would wear them just biking, but not running. I folded them down as much as possible, but I knew I was wearing shorts and black socks. SOOOOOOO embarrassing.

And, as I finished my bike, I get to Marcus and hear "Amanda!?!?". It was the girl I met from the tri club who helped me after the Conte's hill ride (when I fell) and saw her yesterday and showed off my knew bike. She noticed me, actually recognized Big Yellow. I am quite distinguishable :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Miss matchy but not too matchy had to run in black socks!!!!! Personally, I don't think it is bad in any way... but I can see you out there all silly about your socks.

Hehe, this bolg made my morning!

Arin_C said...

I think running in black shoes can be ok depending on the shoes and as long as the socks are short socks. Of course if your legs are pasty white then it doesn't matter, it will look bad.

Anonymous said...

I thought only old men wore black socks and shoes with shorts. HE HE!
Wait 'til the next time I come to DC.