Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Didn't Realize I Cause So Much Drama

First of all, Coach didn't praise me with how great I did this weekend. It's okay though, I know he thinks I am wonderful and making great progress.

He did gave me the day off so I thought I would run a few errands. Included, another trip to Conte's. I bought Blain all those toys and haven't used them yet (expect the box). The water bottle needed an adaptor and when I bought it, the guy at Conte's said to "just follow your intuition, the directions suck". Well, me and intuition with bikes in general are not good. He just said to bring it in with the bike if I had any problems.

2 hours after staring at the parts and directions, I decided another trip was needed. But first, I had to keep up my good relationship with cookies!!

Now, I would like to make some, it's the one thing I can make thanks to my moms recipe, but decided to just keep buying the good bakery cookies from the store. So I walk in with Blain, the water bottle and parts, and cookies. They get excited and 2 of the guys fight over putting the water bottle on for the cookies.

Yes!! It works! They know who I am by the one who openly bribes them with food.

Well the owner pulls me a side, laughing, to tell me a story. Apparently, the last time I was in with store bought cookies, there was another girl there who does the same thing - but bakes. Apparently after I left, all the guys tore into the cookies and she got mad that mine were store bought and hers were made from scratch. I guess she didn't think we should be put in the same category. The owner laughed at the 5 minutes of drama.

Too funny. Whatever, they didn't charge me for installing my water bottle or flipping out the cleats on my shoes. Love it!!

No comments: