Monday, May 12, 2008

I Ran!!

You know, there is something to be said about being really tired and still managing to do a run. I have said it before, I am a huge fan of the run/walk - thank you Jeff Galloway for making it acceptable to walk during runs!! It's how I started "running" and still think it's the best thing. Anyway, I get really excited when I actually run more than 15 minutes without a walk break. Today, still exhausted from the past 2 weeks, but managed to do my run, for 40 minutes!! Now, I know this isn't big for many people, especially people training for Ironman, however, this is huge for me. I am still slow and can go the same distance when I run/walk, but I am always happy when I can run the entire time - even if it is on a treadmill.

Why the treadmill, because DC is under water. It finally stopped raining, but the water has no place to go. Good times when you live in a basement. Actually everything has been fine, thank goodness, but I always get a little worried when it rains for 3 days straight.

Okay, file this under rambling posts, which to my pleasant surprise, can still be done without alcohol.

No comments: