Thursday, May 1, 2008

What a Brick!!

Okay, yes, I was, shall we say - praying to the porcelain gods until about 1 o'clock in the afternoon. But then I felt great. So, I decided to go for my ride and run, aka a brick. I really want to start getting used to Big Yellow and today went so much better. There was very little wind and I got to drop to the aero position a lot and it felt really good. Much less pain in the shoulders and back. But the wrists need some strengthening.

After a surprisingly good ride, I started on my 30 minute run. And that went well!!! I was pleasantly surprised as I trotted around the Tidal Basin. It was pretty easy to keep the heart rate down and within 10 minutes, hit a nice stride. Yippee!!

I celebrated with spending more money. I decided Marcus needed so love. Okay, it was really for Big Yellow. I finally got my spare tire bike rack!! Thanks to some help from my brother, he talked me through on how to get the lug nuts off and taking off the spare tire (no judgement, that is why I have AAA if I get a flat), I installed the rack all by my self! It was very exciting for me.

It was a very good afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Big Yellow" and Marcus look wonderful together! Excellent color combination.

Good luck in Columbia tomorrow! You laugh in the face of hills... muuhhuhahau! (That was supposed to be an evil laugh...)