Sunday, March 2, 2008

40 Degrees is Warm, But Not That Warm

The sun is a bit deceiving. I knew it was supposed to warm up today, so I wanted to try and get outside for my 90 minute bike ride. Well, around 11 I started getting everything together and headed to Beach Drive. Marcus said the temperature was 40. My minimum bike temperature is 45 (okay, it's actually 50). I was already dressed, and it was sunny, so I didn't think it would be that bad. HA! My hands are STILL thawing out as I type!!

But, the ride was pretty good. It was the first time I went 90 minutes straight, no stopping, not even after biking up the big hill.

Here is the thing I don't like biking with a colder temperature - how much my nose runs. It's kind of gross. Now Rose (I hope she doesn't mind me saying this) but totally kicks butt on the 'snot rocket'. She has been working with me over the past few weeks and I just can't get it. I was trying today with very little success. In fact, I believe I had a little string off my right shoulder for the majority of my ride. Yup, gross. And my gloves were soaked through. Still gross. My nose feels a bit raw and when I saw my self in a mirror when I was done - DANG! White and crusty is all I need to say and I think you will get the picture. Yes, I am one H-O-T LADY!

No comments: