Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Good Sandwich Makes a Sad Day Better

Today started with me missing my swim for extra sleep. Surprise, surprise.

I get to the metro, there was a train on the platform with the doors closing. The problem, one door wouldn't close so they off loaded the train. Everyone rushes onto the next train, a door won't close, so we off load again. I finally get crammed on a third train and make it to work about 45 minutes later than I expected.

Then my brother calls with the WORST NEWS EVER!! He got the e-mail from our dad first. It put me in a funk for awhile, I never got to see him play in person. Some friends were great and understood my sadness...

So... there is nothing to make me feel better than a good sandwich. Merissa and Jess were there for me again. We headed to the "best tuna melt in the city" according to Mer and I have to say, they had a pretty good peach margarita. I am not a fan of tuna so I had a Rachel and it made everything better.

That was until I got home and Carlos was there looking at me. I only had to do a 30 minute ride, starting with a set of isolated leg drills, but dang... A full stomach, while trying to bike, it's not a great feeling. But I still managed the 30 minutes and I am still really full and I am truly sad that I will never get to see Brett play again.

No comments: