Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ugh... Tourists!!

I tried to get up this morning. I really did. I set the alarm, woke up, but just couldn't do it. And that extra sleep... sooooooooo good :-)

But, I did make it for my run at lunch and dragged Jess with me. It wasn't just a normal run, it was the tempo run. 3 times 3 minutes fast/hard/high hear rate followed by 3 minutes easy/walk/trot. This was the first time Jess has attempted something like this. She kicked some butt and stayed with me for a part of each of the 3 fast intervals. I think she pushed harder than she thought she could do - I am very proud of her.

The bad part of the run, people are on spring break - and that means tourists. They get in the way, do not pay attention, DO NOT CONTROL THEIR CHILDREN, and kick up a lot of dust.Okay, it wasn't this bad but at times it felt like it. Especially when people were getting off the metro. Now, you might be asking "Amanda, why don't you just run somewhere else?" Well, I am supposed to be running only on the side of the roads or gravel paths. It's better for the knees and the mall is perfect - close to work and really good conditions.

I have a feeling I am going to post a lot of complaints on this topic...

I know, I know - my life is so hard...

No comments: