Monday, March 31, 2008

SLUGG-ISH Day

The rest of yesterday was a bit sluggish. I had a great dinner at a friends house and caught up with some friends I haven't seen for awhile. It was good times - I made a fruit pizza for dessert :-) It looked (and tasted) really good, I don't have a picture, but it was close to this.

Today I woke up still feeling sluggish. It was raining and the morning actually flew by. I haven't heard from Coach about this weeks workouts, so I just assumed I will be doing a repeat of last week. I hit the treadmill for a 40 minute tempo run. The first 12 minutes were easy and I was very happy with myself that my heart rate stayed down. By the time I did my 4th 3 minute hard part, I was really pushing my self and it felt great!!

And then I got back to my desk. The high wore off and I was back to feeling sluggish. Now I know I should be going to bed early, however Kristen and the girls were in town from New Orleans so I had to make them a priority. I held the baby (Kate - and I would have posted the picture but it looks like I have 17 chins) and watched Addison the 2 year old act like a 2 year old. It doesn't help when I laugh at her, but she is just too darn cute! Kristen and I finally got to go out and catch up. It was like she never left and we picked up right were we left off - I love that. I am always happy how you can power through a sluggish day.

No comments: