Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ahhh.... Home...

Today is one of the best days of the year - SPA DAY!! I am super excited to spend the day with my gals and just relax.

Getting in yesterday was a bit of drama. There was an issue at National that I still don't fully know what happened, and can not find any news articles on, so it must not have been that big of a deal; and it only delayed my flight by an hour. My parents picked up my stuff from the airport, gave me a car, and I headed to meet some friends at a going away party. Right as I sat down, I was served a tasty beer and ordered the fish and chips. I do love this town!!

It was much deserved after my run yesterday. Jess and I went out on a beautiful 50+ degree afternoon for a jog. I am not sure what happened, but I think a bug flew down my throat when we started because I just began hacking and gagging - and laughing a bit which was not making it easy. However, we persevered and kept going.

Now I love Jess, she knows this, but sometimes I like to challenger her a bit. Yesterday was one of those days. We have both heard of zen running, but laugh at the idea as we have never achieved such a thing - we do love our gadgets. So I took her watch. Not just any watch, but the GPS, calculates your time/pace, does everything for you, watch. As much as we both love gadgets, we both love control. I took hers away and try to get her to just concentrate on breathing, not worry about time, when the next walk break was, how far we had gone, when we would be done - just to go. Move forward, one leg in front of the other and go. I think she was ready to punch me at times, but she did great. Listened to her body so she could push but also when to slow down. I was very proud.

Okay, I am off to spa day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Biyatch took my watch... It doesn't actually tell time. Can we still call it a watch?