Monday, September 3, 2007

Carlos I'm Sorry!!

I didn't mean to hurt you! I am still in Jersey, you couldn't make the trip and it was just there. A bit dusty - but it worked. Not like you, so don't worry! I know it has been 3 weeks, but I just had to get out for a bit. And it meant nothing and helped me to realize how much better you are. I hope you understand.

And for all you sick-o's out there, I am talking about my bike!!

I haven't been out for a ride since Iron Girl and that does not go well with my schedule. Kristin has 2 hybrid bikes and I decided to take one out for a spin this afternoon. After adjusting the helmet, creating a semi okay biking outfit, I was ready to go. Kristin helped me adjust the seat and I took off for the end of the street.

I had a few adjustments to make and a lot to get used to. No clips, no padded shorts, and just not my bike. Within 5 minutes, I realized I could not get the seat to lock in place. Kristin and S left for some errands and Lauren, Michael and their 2 friends were still at the beach. What felt like 10 more minutes, still no ride and really missing Carlos. The beach folks came back and Michael saved the ride with pointing out the fact I had the seat adjuster thing upside down. Oops. He fixed it, tightened it, and I was on my way.

Thanks Michael!!

It was a decent ride. I locked my elbows (ouch!), didn't wear my knee braces and my butt was sore. My quads felt it more than anything (again, no clips) but overall, it felt good to be on a bike, even though it wasn't Carlos. It also helped me justify eating lots of shrimp, crab cakes and cupcakes for Lauren's birthday. Happy Birthday Lauren!!

Oh Carlos, I hope to never leave you again. To prove it, here we are from 2006 Iron Girl. Not a great picture, but you do look good!!

No comments: