Monday, September 17, 2007

RIP Audrey

If you haven’t figured it out yet… I name a lot of things.
Carlos is my bike
Todd is the stuffed frog my dad fills up with hugs and he sits on my bed. (No Judgment! It’s a really cute, but stuffed frog)
And I have named all my cars.
Judy the Toyota Tercel
Izzy the Infinity G20
And my most favorite car – Audrey – my little black convertible.


Here she is with me and my mom.
(Edit - my dad is in the picture too. If you click on the picture, you can see a distorted reflection of my dad taking the picture. Thanks Dad!)

I really heart her. Unfortunately, she was getting up there in age and issues. She also wasn’t the easiest car to transfer a bike around, or all my tri stuff. Some times the trunk wouldn’t open. The antenna was broken off. The tape player didn’t work. Neither did the PC/Cig lighter thing to plug in an iPod or phone charger. I loved her anyway. I really think I looked cute in the car, and secretly loved the shinny wheels.
I heard everyone should own a convertible once in their life and I am glad Audrey was mine.

Sunday I decided to look at some cars in the morning and go biking in the late afternoon. That was my plan, but Audrey must have felt I was going to let her go soon; and she decided to go on her own terms. While I was test driving a few cars, the ‘car buyer’ took a look, gave her a little test run, and she decided to start smoking. A lot went wrong – I am not a car person so I am not going to even try, but it wasn’t fixable at a reasonable cost. So, I let her go.

Audrey, you will never be replaced in my heart and always be my favorite.

However, you must move on in life, and I have with Marcus. We are in the ‘getting to know you’ phase, but so far all seems well. Marcus was a bit of an early surprise, but I am pretty happy. This isn’t Marcus, but a close look-a-like.



Marcus, you have a tough act to follow, but I have a feeling you will do just fine.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the picture too if you look hard enough.