Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Run

I did a marathon in 2003. It took me 6 months to train with the AIDS Marathon Training Program. It was the best and I am still close with a bunch of people I ran with. In all honesty, I am having a hard time grasping the concept of running this distance after biking 112 miles! Something I need to work on.





The good thing is that I know I can do it. My body might not be completely supportive of me running another marathon, but hopefully it will last long enough.




There are a lot of turns and out and backs. Again, I need to not care that most people will be on their second loop when I am on my first. I have this problem every once and awhile. It is great though because I will (hopefully) have a lot of family and friends out there for me the entire 17+ hours, especially the 6.5 hours I have for the run. That is just a bit faster than a 15 min mile. Also, this is right after classes start and I heard there are a bunch of college frat guys cheering you on. NOTHING makes me pick up the pace than cute boys cheering me on!!

No comments: