Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Still Recovering


Well, this surely wasn't expected. The great doctor who cut out my tonsils last week said I would be out 7-10 days. I just didn't believe him. But, he was right. After what has been the most painful week, today is my first day out of the apartment - I made it to the library.

Everyone has been great, family and friends coming to visit with food (applesauce and jello - it's all I can eat), magazines, flowers and Grey's Anatomy. I can't talk, swallow, move my head much, cough, or laugh without being in a lot of pain. So, magazines and Grey's has really helped me through the week without cable tv or Internet.

My next appointment is on Friday, hopefully the doctor will say all is going well, just slowly. I miss swimming, biking and running. I miss food - REAL FOOD. Oh well, that will come soon enough.

Until later - it's my nap time.

No comments: