Thursday, September 6, 2007

No one is happy on a Treadmill

Last night I went to the City Sports sale and bought 2 pairs of 'longer shorts'. Not really capris, but close. I will have my mom hem them so they don't make my legs look too stubby - ask Rox how I look, she will laugh - it's that bad. But it's way better than shorts and having them ride up my thighs. I HATE that!

Anyway, I took my bro to dinner at Cosi and by the time I got home, I still had to pack. The sun was setting and I was lazy. So no run for me last night.

I went down to our gym at lunch today and hopped on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Usually I have to get off after 30, but no one came. Yay and Boo! First of all, no one smiles like this on a treadmill. And if they do, it's really annoying! Second, I almost died today. Not a good trot. Oh, I don't run or jog, I trot. Thanks Jess! Anyway, it started off well, but ended poorly - hence the 'boo'. Not all runs/bikes and swims will be good and that's okay. Usually I know why they aren't good - lack of proper hydration, not enough sleep, poor eating, etc. Not sure about today.

Oh well. I am off to Milwaukee tonight and Chicago tomorrow. I am staying with Therese and will be doing a 3.2 mile swim in Lake Michigan on Saturday. I am one of 14 people who signed up to wear a wet suit, out of 349. Those people are CRAZY!

1 comment:

Kat~ said...

Good luck Sat. I have a lot of friends doing Big shoulder Sat. Yes, they are nuts!!! Give me the wet-suite! Kat~