Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Schedule

Coach and I have been discussing what I have been currently doing and what is needed for me to finish the race, but not burn out too quickly. He is really working with me on the patience thing. When determining my schedule, we had to keep in mind I had 1 spring tri (two weeks ago), I have a 3.2 mile swim next week, and a 2.5 mile swim in October. Also knowing that my biking needs some serious work to keep a decent pace for 112 miles. So, this is what he has come up with

Monday – Run 33 minutes
Tuesday – Swim
Wednesday – Run 45 minutes (long run days)
Thursday – Swim and bike (on the trainer if needed)
Friday – Run 35 min (instead of an off day – this will be my third run and eventually shortest run)
Saturday – Morning bike – 90 min and evening swim (sometimes substituted for a 4th
run)
Sunday – Bike 60 min

So this is what I am supposed to be doing. He is okay with me doing my own swimming thing for now, which I like. Also, he is very supportive of the run/walk that I do. However, the biking – which I know needs the most work – is the hardest to do. It’s hard for me to get out during the week because I am used to driving somewhere to bike. Doesn’t work now with the whole I have a job thing. And every weekend so far I have been away. But I know what I need to start doing and will work in this schedule for awhile.

No comments: