Friday, September 7, 2007

Day of Rest

My schedule is a bit off, again, this week. Yesterday I was supposed to swim and bike, today run. Yesterday I did run, and today I am resting for tomorrow. Tomorrow I am supposed to bike but I am swimming.

Coach is now asking for a weekly log. It's good because I am held more accountable for my actions. It's why I am paying him. But, I can't help it that I have been no where near Carlos the past 4 weekends! Last week when I sent my update, upfront on my lack of biking and knowing I need to do more, Coach said
"Nothing effects the run like a poor bike leg because of lack of training. Also, since its almost going to be 50% of your race time, we need to make it work!"
Now I am going to have to tell him AGAIN that I haven't been biking. Next week, I will be home and can bike.

Tomorrow is my 3.2 mile swim. I am feeling very unprepared. This is probably the closest I have come to changing my distance (5K to 2.5K) or dropping out all together. But, I haven't and won't. I am just going to do my best. Looking at last years times, I should be towards the end. Oh well, it's just about getting out there and doing the race, right?!?!


I will post next when I am not on the bottom of Lake Michigan.

No comments: